- [noun] a military campaign designed to achieve a specific objective in a foreign country
Synonyms: military hostile
- [noun] an organized group of people undertaking a journey for a particular purpose; "an expedition was sent to explore Mars"
- [noun] a journey organized for a particular purpose
- [noun] a journey taken for pleasure; "many summer excursions to the shore"; "it was merely a pleasure trip"; "after cautious sashays into the field"
Synonyms: excursion, jaunt, outing, junket, pleasure trip, sashay
- [noun] the property of being prompt and efficient; "it was done with dispatch"
Synonyms: dispatch, despatch, expeditiousness