- [verb] to stress, single out as important; "Dr. Jones emphasizes exercise in addition to a change in diet"
Synonyms: stress, emphasize, emphasise, punctuate, accent
- [verb] put stress on; utter with an accent; "In Farsi, you accent the last syllable of each word"
Synonyms: stress, accent
- Search for synonyms for ACCENTUATE
- background, play down, downplay
- bring out, set off
- re-emphasise, re-emphasize
- bear down
- point up
- drive home, ram home, press home
- underscore, underline, emphasize, emphasise