- [noun] making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances
Synonyms: adjustment, fitting
- [noun] a settlement of differences; "they reached an accommodation with Japan"
- [noun] in the theories of Jean Piaget: the modification of internal representations in order to accommodate a changing knowledge of reality
- [noun] living quarters provided for public convenience; "overnight accommodations are available"
- [noun] the act of providing something (lodging or seat or food) to meet a need
- [noun] (physiology) the automatic adjustment in focal length of the lens of the eye