- [verb] be close or similar; "Her results approximate my own"
Synonyms: come close
- [verb] judge tentatively or form an estimate of (quantities or time); "I estimate this chicken to weigh three pounds"
Synonyms: estimate, gauge, guess, judge
- [adjective] not quite exact or correct; "the approximate time was 10 o'clock"; "a rough guess"; "a ballpark estimate"
Synonyms: approximative, rough
- [adjective] very close in resemblance; "sketched in an approximate likeness"; "a near likeness"
- [adjective] located close together; "with heads close together"; "approximate leaves grow together but are not united"
Synonyms: close together