- [noun] a very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk; "isn't she too young to have a baby?"
Synonyms: babe, infant
- [noun] sometimes used as a term of address for attractive young women
- [noun] a very young mammal; "baby rabbits"
- [noun] the youngest member of a group (not necessarily young); "the baby of the family"; "the baby of the Supreme Court"
- [noun] an immature childish person; "he remained a child in practical matters as long as he lived"; "stop being a baby!"
- [noun] a project of personal concern to someone; "this project is his baby"
- [verb] treat with excessive indulgence; "grandparents often pamper the children"; "Let's not mollycoddle our students!"
Synonyms: pamper, featherbed, cosset, cocker, coddle, mollycoddle, spoil, indulge