- [noun] a barrier set up by police to stop traffic on a street or road in order to catch a fugitive or inspect traffic etc.
- [noun] a barrier (usually thrown up hastily so as to impede the advance of an enemy); "they enemy stormed the barricade"
- [verb] render unsuitable for passage; "block the way"; "barricade the streets"; "stop the busy road"
Synonyms: block, blockade, stop, block off, block up, bar
- [verb] prevent access to by barricading; "The street where the President lives is always barricaded"
- [verb] block off with barricades