- [noun] a bowl-shaped vessel; usually used for holding food or liquids; "she mixed the dough in a large basin"
- [noun] the quantity that a basin will hold; "a basinful of water"
- [noun] a natural depression in the surface of the land often with a lake at the bottom of it; "the basin of the Great Salt Lake"
- [noun] the entire geographical area drained by a river and its tributaries; "flood control in the Missouri basin"
- [noun] a bathroom or lavatory sink that is permanently installed and connected to a water supply and drainpipe; where you wash your hands and face; "he ran some water in the basin and splashed it on his face"
Synonyms: washwashbowl, washstand, lavatory
- baptismal font, baptistry, baptistery, font
- emesis basin
- stoup, stoop
- washbasin, handbasin, washbowl, lavabo, wash-hand basin
- cirque, corrie, cwm
- tidal basin