- [verb] reveal unintentionally; "Her smile betrayed her true feelings"
- [verb] deliver to an enemy by treachery; "Judas sold Jesus"; "The spy betrayed his country"
- [verb] disappoint, prove undependable to; abandon, forsake; "His sense of smell failed him this time"; "His strength finally failed him"; "His children failed him in the crisis"
- [verb] be sexually unfaithful to one's partner in marriage; "She cheats on her husband"; "Might her husband be wandering?"
Synonyms: cheat on, cheat, cuckold, wander
- [verb] give away information about somebody; "He told on his classmate who had cheated on the exam"
Synonyms: denounce, tell on, give away, rat, grass, shit, shop, snitch, stag
- [verb] cause someone to believe an untruth; "The insurance company deceived me when they told me they were covering my house"
Synonyms: deceive, lead astray
play around, fool around
pose, impersonate, personate
bamboozle, snow, hoodwink, pull the wool over someone's eyes, lead by the nose, play false
gull, dupe, slang, befool, cod, fool, put on, take in, put one over, put one across