- [noun] a war measure that isolates some area of importance to the enemy
- [noun] prevents access or progress
- [verb] hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of; "His brother blocked him at every turn"
Synonyms: obstruct, block, hinder, stymie, stymy, embarrass
- [verb] render unsuitable for passage; "block the way"; "barricade the streets"; "stop the busy road"
Synonyms: barricade, block, stop, block off, block up, bar
- [verb] obstruct access to
Synonyms: block off
- [verb] impose a blockade on
Synonyms: seal off