- [noun] a hazy or indistinct representation; "it happened so fast it was just a blur"; "he tried to clear his head of the whisky fuzz"
- [verb] become glassy; lose clear vision; "Her eyes glazed over from lack of sleep"
Synonyms: film over, glaze over
- [verb] to make less distinct or clear; "The haze blurs the hills"
- [verb] make unclear, indistinct, or blurred; "Her remarks confused the debate"; "Their words obnubilate their intentions"
Synonyms: confuse, obscure, obnubilate
- [verb] make a smudge on; soil by smudging
Synonyms: smear, smudge, smutch
- [verb] make dim or indistinct; "The drug blurs my vision"
- [verb] become vague or indistinct; "The distinction between the two theories blurred"
Synonyms: dim, slur