- [noun] noisy confusion and turbulence; "he was awakened by the bluster of their preparations"
- [noun] a swaggering show of courage
- [noun] a violent gusty wind
- [noun] vain and empty boasting
Synonyms: braggadocio, rodomontade, rhodomontade
- [verb] blow hard; be gusty, as of wind; "A southeaster blustered onshore"; "The flames blustered"
- [verb] show off
Synonyms: boast, tout, swash, shoot a line, brag, gas, blow, vaunt, gasconade
- [verb] act in an arrogant, overly self-assured, or conceited manner
Synonyms: swagger, swash