- [noun] a line that indicates a boundary
Synonyms: boundary line, line, delimitation, mete
- [noun] the boundary line or the area immediately inside the boundary
Synonyms: margin, perimeter
- [noun] the boundary of a surface
- [noun] a decorative recessed or relieved surface on an edge
Synonyms: molding, moulding
- [noun] a strip forming the outer edge of something; "the rug had a wide blue border"
- [verb] extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle; "The forest surrounds my property"
Synonyms: surround, skirt
- [verb] form the boundary of; be contiguous to
- [verb] enclose in or as if in a frame; "frame a picture"
Synonyms: frame, frame in
- [verb] provide with a border or edge; "edge the tablecloth with embroidery"
- [verb] lie adjacent to another or share a boundary; "Canada adjoins the U.S."; "England marches with Scotland"
Synonyms: adjoin, edge, abut, march, butt, butt against, butt on