- [noun] the chest considered as the place where secret thoughts are kept; "his bosom was bursting with the secret"
- [noun] a person's breast or chest
- [noun] cloth that covers the chest or breasts
- [noun] a close affectionate and protective acceptance; "his willing embrace of new ideas"; "in the bosom of the family"
- [noun] the locus of feelings and intuitions; "in your heart you know it is true"; "her story would melt your bosom"
- [noun] either of two soft fleshy milk-secreting glandular organs on the chest of a woman
Synonyms: breast, knocker, boob, tit, titty
- [verb] hide in one's bosom; "She bosomed his letters"
- [verb] hug, usually with fondness; "Hug me, please"; "They embraced"
Synonyms: embrace, hug, squeeze