- [noun] the lower side of anything
Synonyms: underside, undersurface
- [noun] the lowest part of anything; "they started at the bottom of the hill"
- [noun] the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
Synonyms: buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, behind, derriere, fanny, ass
- [noun] the second half of an inning; while the home team is at bat
Synonyms: of the inning
- [noun] a depression forming the ground under a body of water; "he searched for treasure on the ocean bed"
- [noun] low-lying alluvial land near a river
- [noun] a cargo ship; "they did much of their overseas trade in foreign bottoms"
Synonyms: freighter, merchantman, merchant ship
- [verb] provide with a bottom or a seat; "bottom the chairs"
- [verb] strike the ground, as with a ship's bottom
- [verb] come to understand
Synonyms: penetrate, fathom
- [adjective] situated at the bottom or lowest position; "the bottom drawer"
- [adjective] at the bottom; lowest or last; "the bottom price"
- [adjective] the lowest rank; "bottom member of the class"