- [verb] interrupt before its natural or planned end; "We had to cut short our vacation"
Synonyms: cut short, break short
- [verb] prevent completion; "stop the project"; "break off the negociations"
Synonyms: break, discontinue, stop
- [verb] break off (a piece from a whole); "Her tooth chipped"
Synonyms: chip, chip off, come off, break away
- [verb] break a piece from a whole; "break a branch from a tree"
Synonyms: break, snap off
- [verb] break a small piece off from; "chip the glass"; "chip a tooth"
Synonyms: chip, knap, cut off