- [verb] move something or somebody to a lower position; "take down the vase from the shelf"
Synonyms: lower, take down, let down, get down
- [verb] cause the downfall of; of rulers; "The Czar was overthrown"; "subvert the ruling class"
Synonyms: overthrow, subvert, overturn
- [verb] impose something unpleasant; "The principal visited his rage on the students"
Synonyms: inflict, visit, impose
- [verb] cause to come to the ground; "the pilot managed to land the airplane safely"
Synonyms: land, put down
- [verb] cause to be enthusiastic; "Her playing brought down the house"
- [verb] cut down on; make a reduction in; "reduce your daily fat intake"; "The employer wants to cut back health benefits"
Synonyms: reduce, cut down, cut back, trim, trim down, trim back, cut