- [adverb] with a side facing an object; "the train hit the truck broadside"; "the wave caught the canoe broadside and capsized it"
- [noun] an advertisement (usually printed on a page or in a leaflet) intended for wide distribution; "he mailed the circular to all subscribers"
Synonyms: circular, handbill, bill, broadsheet, flier, flyer, throwaway
- [noun] a speech of violent denunciation
Synonyms: tirade, philippic
- [noun] all of the armament that is fired from one side of a warship
- [noun] the whole side of a vessel from stem to stern; "the ship was broadside to the dock"
- [noun] the simultaneous firing of all the armament on one side of a warship
- [verb] collide with the broad side of; "her car broad-sided mine"
- [adjective] toward a full side; "a broadside attack"