- [noun] an ardent follower and admirer
Synonyms: fan, devotee, lover
- [noun] a soft thick undyed leather from the skins of e.g. buffalo or oxen
- [noun] bare skin; "swimming in the buff"
- [noun] a medium to dark tan color
Synonyms: yellowish brown, raw sienna, caramel, caramel brown
- [noun] an implement consisting of soft material mounted on a block; used for polishing (as in manicuring)
- [verb] strike, beat repeatedly; "The wind buffeted him"
- [verb] polish and make shiny; "buff the wooden floors"; "buff my shoes"
Synonyms: burnish, furbish, flush
- [adjective] of the color of buff leather