- [noun] a modified bud consisting of a thickened globular underground stem serving as a reproductive structure
- [noun] electric lamp consisting of a glass bulb containing a wire filament (usually tungsten) that emits light when heated
Synonyms: light lightincandescent lamp, electric light, electric-light
- [noun] a rounded part of a cylindrical instrument (usually at one end); "the bulb of a syringe"
- [noun] lower or hindmost part of the brain; continuous with spinal cord; (`bulb' is an old term for medulla oblongata); "the medulla oblongata is the most vital part of the brain because it contains centers controlling breathing and heart functioning"
Synonyms: medulla oblongata, medulla
- [noun] a rounded dilation or expansion in a canal or vessel or organ