- [adjective] ruined by overcooking; "she served us underdone bacon and burnt buscuits"
- [adjective] having undergone oxidation; "burned powder"
- [adjective] treated by heating to a high temperature but below the melting or fusing point; "burnt sienna"
- [adjective] hardened by subjecting to intense heat; "baked bricks"; "burned bricks"
Synonyms: baked, burned
- [adjective] destroyed or badly damaged by fire; "a row of burned houses"; "a charred bit of burnt wood"; "barricaded the street with burnt-out cars"
Synonyms: burned, burned-out, -out