- [noun] a vehicle carrying many passengers; used for public transport; "he always rode the bus to work"
Synonyms: autocoach, charabanc, double-decker, jitney, motormotorcoach, omni
- [noun] the topology of a network whose components are connected by a busbar
- [noun] an electrical conductor that makes a common connection between several circuits; "the busbar in this computer can transmit data either way between any two components of the system"
- [noun] a car that is old and unreliable; "the fenders had fallen off that old bus"
Synonyms: jalopy, heap
- [verb] send or move around by bus; "The children were bussed to school"
- [verb] ride in a bus
- [verb] remove used dishes from the table in restaurants