- [noun] an outward semblance that misrepresents the true nature of something; "the theatrical notion of disguise is always associated with catastrophe in his stories"
- [noun] fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan; intended to make the wearer of a garment made of this fabric hard to distinguish from the background
- [noun] device or stratagem for concealment or deceit
- [noun] the act of concealing the identity of something by modifying its appearance; "he is a master of disguise"
- [verb] disguise by camouflaging; exploit the natural surroundings to disguise something; "The troops camoflaged themselves before they went into enemy territory"