- [noun] a rule or especially body of rules or principles generally established as valid and fundamental in a field or art or philosophy; "the neoclassical canon"; "canons of polite society"
- [noun] a priest who is a member of a cathedral chapter
- [noun] a ravine formed by a river in an area with little rainfall
- [noun] a contrapuntal piece of music in which a melody in one part is imitated exactly in other parts
- [noun] a complete list of saints that have been recognized by the Roman Catholic Church
- [noun] a collection of books accepted as holy scripture especially the books of the Bible recognized by any Christian church as genuine and inspired