- [noun] stock phrases that have become nonsense through endless repetition
- [noun] a slope in the turn of a road or track; the outside is higher than the inside in order to reduce the effects of centrifugal force
Synonyms: bank, camber
- [noun] a characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves); "they don't speak our lingo"
Synonyms: jargon, slang, lingo, argot, patois, vernacular
- [noun] insincere talk about religion or morals
Synonyms: pious platitude
- [noun] two surfaces meeting at an angle different from 90 degrees
Synonyms: bevel, chamfer
- [verb] heel over; "The tower is tilting"; "The ceiling is slanting"
Synonyms: over, tilt, slant, pitch