- [noun] ability to perform or produce
- [noun] the susceptibility of something to a particular treatment; "the capability of a metal to be fused"
- [noun] the amount that can be contained; "the gas tank has a capacity of 12 gallons"
- [noun] the maximum production possible; "the plant is working at 80 per cent capacity"
- [noun] a specified function; "he was employed in the capacity of director"; "he should be retained in his present capacity at a higher salary"
- [noun] (computer science) the amount of information (in bytes) that can be stored on a disk drive; "the capacity of a hard disk drive is usually expressed in megabytes"
- [noun] an electrical phenomenon whereby an electric charge is stored
Synonyms: capacitance, electrical
- [noun] the power to learn or retain knowledge; in law, the ability to understand the facts and significance of your behavior
Synonyms: mental ability
- [noun] tolerance for alcohol; "he had drunk beyond his capacity"