- [noun] a plaything consisting of a Y-shaped stick with elastic between the arms; used to propel small stones
Synonyms: slingshot, sling
- [noun] a device that launches aircraft from a warship
- [noun] medieval artillery used during sieges; a heavy war engine for hurling large stones and other missiles
Synonyms: arbalest, arbalist, ballista, bricole, mangonel, onager, trebuchet, trebucket
- [verb] shoot forth or launch, as if from a catapult; "the enemy catapulted rocks towards the fort"
- [verb] hurl as if with a sling