- [noun] an edge tool with a flat steel blade with a cutting edge
- [verb] engage in deceitful behavior; practice trickery or fraud; "Who's chiseling on the side?"
- [verb] deprive somebody of something by deceit; "The con-man beat me out of $50"; "This salesman ripped us off!"; "we were cheated by their clever-sounding scheme"; "They chiseled me out of my money"
Synonyms: cheat, rip off
- [verb] carve with a chisel; "chisel the marble"
- rig, set up
- fudge, manipulate, fake, falsify, cook, wangle, misrepresent
- overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook
- victimize, swindle, rook, goldbrick, nobble, diddle, bunco, defraud, scam, mulct, gyp, con
- beat, bunk
- juggle, beguile, hoodwink
- cold chisel, set chisel
- drove, drove chisel
- firmer chisel
- ripping chisel
- wood chisel