- [noun] informal terms for a meal
Synonyms: chow, eats, grub
- [noun] the part of a forequarter from the neck to the ribs and including the shoulder blade
- [noun] a holding device consisting of adjustable jaws that center a workpiece in a lathe or center a tool in a drill
- [verb] throw carelessly; "chuck the ball"
- [verb] throw away; "Chuck these old notes"
- [verb] pat or squeeze fondly or playfully, especially under the chin
- [verb] eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth; "After drinking too much, the students vomited"; "He purged continuously"; "The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night"
Synonyms: vomit, vomit up, purge, cast, sick, cat, be sick, disgorge, regorge, retch, puke, barf, spew, spue, uphonk, regurgitate, throw up