- [noun] a loud harsh or strident noise
Synonyms: blare, blaring, cacophony, din
- [noun] loud and persistent outcry from many people; "he ignored the clamor of the crowd"
Synonyms: ing, clamour, clamouring, hue and cry
- [verb] make loud demands; "he clamored for justice and tolerance"
- [verb] utter or proclaim insistently and noisily; "The delegates clamored their disappointment"
- [verb] compel someone to do something by insistent clamoring; "They clamored the mayor into building a new park"