- [noun] the act of closing something
- [noun] the last section of a communication; "in conclusion I want to say..."
Synonyms: conclusion, end, close, ending
- [noun] approaching a particular destination; a coming closer; a narrowing of a gap; "the ship's rapid rate of closing gave them little time to avoid a collision"
- [noun] termination of operations; "they regretted the closure of the day care center"
Synonyms: closure, closedown, shutdown
- [noun] a concluding action
Synonyms: completion, culmination, windup, mop up
- [adjective] final or ending; "the closing stages of the election"; "the closing weeks of the year"; "the closing scene of the film"; "closing remarks"