- [noun] a United States term for Blacks that is now considered offensive
- [adjective] having color or a certain color; sometimes used in combination; "colored crepe paper"; "the film was in color"; "amber-colored heads of grain"
Synonyms: coloured, colorful
- [adjective] having skin rich in melanin pigments; "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People"; "the dark races"; "dark-skinned peoples"
Synonyms: coloured, dark, dark-skinned
- [adjective] favoring one person or side over another; "a biased account of the trial"; "a decision that was partial to the defendant"
Synonyms: biased, coloured, one-sided, slanted
- [adjective] (used of color) artificially produced; not natural; "a bleached blonde"
Synonyms: bleached, coloured, dyed