- [verb] to come or go into; "the boat entered an area of shallow marshes"
Synonyms: enter, get into, get in, go into, go in, move into
- [verb] be received; "News came in of the massacre in Rwanda"
- [verb] come into fashion; become fashionable
- [verb] to insert between other elements; "She interjected clever remarks"
Synonyms: interject, interpose, put in, throw in, inject
- [verb] take a place in a competition; often followed by an ordinal; "Jerry came in third in the Marathon"
Synonyms: place, come out