- [adjective] able to exist and perform in harmonious or agreeable combination; "a compatible married couple"; "her deeds were compatible with her ideology"
- [adjective] having similar disposition and tastes; "a compatible married couple"; "with their many similar tastes, he found her a most sympathetic companion"
- [adjective] capable of being used with or connected to other devices or components without modification
- [adjective] (of a couple) existing together harmoniously
- [adjective] capable of forming a homogeneous mixture that neither separates nor is altered by chemical interaction