- [verb] express strong disapproval of; "We condemn the racism in South Africa"; "These ideas were reprobated"
Synonyms: reprobate, decry, objurgate, excoriate
- [verb] declare or judge unfit; "The building was condemned by the inspector"
- [verb] compel or force into a particular state or activity; "His devotion to his sick wife condemned him to a lonely existence"
- [verb] demonstrate the guilt of (someone); "Her strange behavior condemned her"
- [verb] pronounce a sentence on (somebody) in a court of law; "He was condemned to ten years in prison"
Synonyms: sentence, doom