- [noun] two propositions are contradictories if both cannot be true (or both cannot be false) at the same time
- [adjective] of words or propositions so related that both cannot be true and both cannot be false; "`perfect' and `imperfect' are contradictory terms"
- [adjective] that confounds or contradicts or confuses
- [adjective] in disagreement; "the figures are at odds with our findings"; "contradictory attributes of unjust justice and loving vindictiveness"- John Morley
Synonyms: at odds, conflicting, self-
- [adjective] unable to be both true at the same time
Synonyms: mutually exclusive