- [noun] a large formal assembly; "political convention"
- [noun] something regarded as a normative example; "the convention of not naming the main character"; "violence is the rule not the exception"; "his formula for impressing visitors"
Synonyms: normal, pattern, rule, formula
- [noun] (diplomacy) an international agreement
- [noun] orthodoxy as a consequence of being conventional
Synonyms: ality, alism
- [noun] the act of convening
- Search for synonyms for CONVENTION
- Constitutional Convention
- code of conduct, code of behavior
- Chemical Weapons Convention
- Geneva Convention
- ossification, conformity