- [verb] make someone convulse with laughter; "The comedian convulsed the crowd"
- [verb] be overcome with laughter
- [verb] move or stir about violently; "The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"
Synonyms: thresh, thresh about, thrash, thrash about, slash, toss, jactitate
- [verb] shake uncotrollably; "earthquakes convulsed the countryside"
- [verb] cause to contract; "The spasm convulses her facial muscles"
- [verb] contract involuntarily, as in a spasm; "The muscles in her face convulsed"