- [noun] a baby bed with sides and rockers
- [noun] where something originated or was nurtured in its early existence; "the birthplace of civilization"
Synonyms: birthplace, place of origin, provenance
- [noun] birth of a person; "he was taught from the cradle never to cry"
- [noun] a trough on rockers used by gold miners to shake earth in water in order to separate the gold
- [verb] hold gently and carefully; "He cradles the child in his arms"
- [verb] bring up from infancy
- [verb] hold or place in or as if in a cradle; "He cradled the infant in his arms"
- [verb] cut grain with a cradle scythe
- [verb] wash in a cradle; "cradle gold"
- [verb] run with the stick