- [noun] a deep and vivid red
Synonyms: ruby, deep red
- [verb] turn red, as if in embarrassment or shame; "The girl blushed when a young man whistled as she walked by"
Synonyms: blush, flush, redden
- [adjective] having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies
Synonyms: red, reddish, ruddy, blood-red, carmine, cerise, cherry, cherry-red, ruby, ruby-red, scarlet
- [adjective] characterized by violence or bloodshed; "writes of crimson deeds and barbaric days"- Andrea Parke; "fann'd by Conquest's crimson wing"- Thomas Gray; "convulsed with red rage"- Hudson Strode
Synonyms: red, violent
- [adjective] (especially of the face) reddened or suffused with or as if with blood from emotion or exertion; "crimson with fury"; "turned red from exertion"; "with puffy reddened eyes"; "red-faced and violent"; "flushed (or crimson) with embarrassment"
Synonyms: red, reddened, red-faced, flushed