- [noun] a large number of things or people considered together; "a crowd of insects assembled around the flowers"
- [noun] an informal body of friends; "he still hangs out with the same crowd"
Synonyms: crew, gang, bunch
- [verb] cause to herd, drive, or crowd together; "We herded the children into a spare classroom"
- [verb] fill or occupy to the point of overflowing; "The students crowded the auditorium"
- [verb] to gather together in large numbers; "men in straw boaters and waxed mustaches crowded the verandah"
- [verb] approach a certain age or speed; "She is pushing fifty"
pour, swarm, stream, teem, pullulate
throng, mob, pack, pile, jam
crush, jam, press
drove, horde, swarm
mob, rabble, rout