- [noun] a United States liquid unit equal to 8 fluid ounces
- [noun] the quantity a cup will hold; "he drank a cup of coffee"; "he borrowed a cup of sugar"
- [noun] a small open container usually used for drinking; usually has a handle; "he put the cup back in the saucer"; "the handle of the cup was missing"
- [noun] a large metal vessel with two handles that is awarded as a trophy to the winner of a competition; "the school kept the cups is a special glass case"
- [noun] any cup-shaped concavity; "bees filled the waxen cups with honey"; "he wore a jock strap with a metal cup"; "the cup of her bra"
- [noun] the hole (or metal container in the hole) on a golf green; "he swore as the ball rimmed the cup and rolled away"; "put the flag back in the cup"
- [noun] a punch served in a pitcher instead of a punch bowl
- [noun] cup-shaped plant organ
- [verb] form into the shape of a cup; "She cupped her hands"
- [verb] put into a cup; "cup the milk"
- [verb] treat by applying evacuated cups to the patient's skin