- [noun] a person who relies on another person for support (especially financial support)
- [adjective] not independent; "dependent children"
- [adjective] contingent on something else
Synonyms: dependant, qualified
- [adjective] of a clause; unable to stand alone syntactically as a complete sentence; "a subordinate (or dependent) clause functions as a noun or adjective or adverb within a sentence"
- [adjective] being under the power or sovereignty of another or others; "subject peoples"; "a dependent prince"
- [adjective] addicted to a drug
Synonyms: dependant, drug-addicted, hooked, strung-out