- [noun] the act of reducing the selling price of merchandise
Synonyms: price reduction, deduction
- [noun] interest on an annual basis deducted in advance on a loan
Synonyms: rate, bank
- [noun] a refund of some fraction of the amount paid
- [noun] an amount or percentage deducted
- [verb] bar from attention or consideration; "She dismissed his advances"
Synonyms: dismiss, disregard, brush aside, brush off, push aside, ignore
- [verb] give a reduction in price on; "I never discount these books-they sell like hot cakes"