- [noun] a document ordering the payment of money; drawn by one person or bank on another
Synonyms: bill of exchange, order of payment
- [noun] a current of air (usually coming into a room or vehicle)
- [noun] a preliminary sketch of a design or picture
Synonyms: rough drawing
- [noun] a serving of drink (usually alcoholic) drawn from a keg; "they served beer on draft"
Synonyms: draught, potation, tipple
- [noun] preliminary version of a written work
- [noun] the depth of a vessel's keel below the surface (especially when loaded)
- [noun] a regulator for controlling the flow of air in a fireplace
- [noun] a dose of liquid medicine; "he took a sleeping draft"
- [noun] compulsory military service
Synonyms: conscription, muster, selective service
- [noun] a large and hurried swallow; "he finished it at a single gulp"
Synonyms: gulp, draught, swig
- [noun] the act of moving a load by drawing or pulling
Synonyms: draught, drawing
- [verb] draw up an outline or sketch for something; "draft a speech"
- [verb] engage somebody to enter the army
Synonyms: enlist, muster in
- [verb] make a blueprint of
Synonyms: blueprint, draught
recruit, levy, raise
foreign bill, foreign draft
bank draft, banker's draft
money order, postal order
acceptance, banker's acceptance
check, bank check, cheque
sight draft, sight bill
time draft, time bill
levy, levy en masse