- [noun] horse of a dull brownish gray color
- [noun] a color varying around light grayish brown; "she wore a dun raincoat"
Synonyms: grayish brown, greyish brown, fawn
- [verb] treat cruelly; "The children tormented the stuttering teacher"
Synonyms: torment, rag, bedevil, crucify, frustrate
- [verb] persistently ask for overdue payment; "The grocer dunned his customers every day by telephone"
- [verb] cure by salting; "dun codfish"
- [verb] make a dun color
- [adjective] of a dull grayish brown to brownish gray color; "the dun and dreary prairie"