- [noun] a group of followers or enthusiasts
- [noun] the act of pursuing in an effort to overtake or capture; "the culprit started to run and the cop took off in pursuit"
Synonyms: pursuit, chase
- [adjective] going or proceeding or coming after in the same direction; "the crowd of following cars made the occasion seem like a parade"; "tried to outrun the following footsteps"
- [adjective] in the desired direction; "a following wind"
- [adjective] immediately following in time or order; "the following day"; "next in line"; "the next president"; "the next item on the list"
- [adjective] about to be mentioned or specified; "the following items"