- [noun] something that is lost or surrendered as a penalty;
- [noun] a penalty for a fault or mistake that involves losing or giving up something; "the contract specified forfeits if the work was not completed on time"
- [noun] the act of losing or surrendering something as a penalty for a mistake or fault or failure to perform etc.
Synonyms: ure, sacrifice
- [verb] lose or lose the right to by some error, offense, or crime
Synonyms: give up, throw overboard, waive, forgo
- [adjective] surrendered as a penalty
Synonyms: confiscate, ed