- [noun] cutlery used for serving and eating food
- [noun] the act of branching out or dividing into branches
Synonyms: branching, ramification, ing
- [noun] a part of a forked or branching shape; "he broke off one of the branches"; "they took the south fork"
Synonyms: branch, leg, ramification
- [noun] an agricultural tool used for lifting or digging; has a handle and metal prongs
- [noun] the angle formed by the inner sides of the legs where they join the human trunk
- [verb] lift with a pitchfork; "pitchfork hay"
- [verb] place under attack with one's own pieces, of two enemy pieces
- [verb] divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork; "The road forks"
Synonyms: branch, ramify, furcate, separate
- [verb] shape like a fork; "She forked her fingers"