- [noun] a mental representation of some haunting experience; "he looked like he had seen a ghost"; "it aroused specters from his past"
Synonyms: shade, spook, wraith, specter, spectre
- [noun] a writer who gives the credit of authorship to someone else
- [noun] the visible disembodied soul of a dead person
- [noun] a suggestion of some quality; "there was a touch of sarcasm in his tone"; "he detected a ghost of a smile on her face"
Synonyms: touch, trace
- [verb] move like a ghost; "The masked men ghosted across the moonlit yard"
- [verb] haunt like a ghost; pursue; "Fear of illness haunts her"
Synonyms: haunt, obsess
- [verb] write for someone else; "How many books have you ghostwritten so far?"