- [noun] any monetary aid
- [noun] the act of providing a subsidy
Synonyms: subsidization, subsidisation
- [noun] (law) a transfer of property by deed of conveyance
- [noun] Scottish painter; cousin of Lytton Strachey and member of the Bloomsbury Group (1885-1978)
Synonyms: Grant, Duncan Grant, Duncan James Corrow Grant
- [noun] United States actor (born in England) who was the elegant leading man in many films (1904-1986)
Synonyms: Grant, Cary Grant
- [noun] 18th President of the United States; commander of the Union armies in the American Civil War (1822-1885)
Synonyms: Grant, Ulysses Grant, Ulysses S. Grant, Ulysses Simpson Grant, Hiram Ulysses Grant, President Grant
- [noun] a contract granting the right to operate a subsidiary business; "he got the beer concession at the ball park"
- [noun] a right or privilege that has been granted
- [verb] let have; "grant permission"; "Mandela was allowed few visitors in prison"
- [verb] give on the basis of merit; "Funds are granted to qualified researchers"
- [verb] be willing to concede; "I grant you this much"
Synonyms: concede, yield
- [verb] allow to have; "grant a privilege"
Synonyms: accord, allot
- [verb] bestow, especially officially; "grant a degree"; "give a divorce"; "This bill grants us new rights"
- [verb] give over; surrender or relinquish to the physical control of another
Synonyms: concede, yield, cede
- [verb] transfer by deed; "grant land"
Synonyms: deed over